Tot Class Preschool Teacher
Hiring immediately for 2023-24 school year
About our school:
Loomis Community Preschool is a play-based, non-profit, parent participation preschool, serving the community since 1970.
At Loomis Community Preschool, children’s natural curiosity, creativity, and confidence is nurtured and enhanced through a wide-range of hands-on, play-based activities and experiences.
As a welcoming community of teachers, parents, and children, we work hand-in-hand to provide a safe, caring environment that encourages the development of the whole child and fosters cooperation, communication, and respect.
At LCP, families work together, learn together, and most importantly, play together!
About the Tot Class:
Our Tot class is designed to be a gentle introduction to preschool for 2-year-olds and young 3-year-olds, providing a fun and engaging first group experience. A caregiver attends each class session with their child. Children can explore open-ended play activities including sensory invitations, art materials, building toys, manipulatives, and outdoor play. Circle time is offered during each class, with stories, music, finger plays, and movement.
Our Tot Class teacher will prepare the environment and support children and participating caregivers during class time.
Teaching hours are Friday, 9:00am-11:00am, with one hour of prep time before and after class.
- 12+ units ECE
- Prior preschool teaching experience preferred
Needed before starting work:
- Current pediatric CPR and First Aid certification
- Current Mandated Reporter training
- Current Integrated Pest Management certificate
- Physician’s report of good health
- Negative TB test
- Immunizations: measles and pertussis
- Fingerprint clearance
- Work with other teachers to plan and implement age-appropriate, play-based curriculum.
- Establish and maintain a caring, developmentally appropriate, and engaging learning environment.
- Build positive relationships with children and families in the program.
- Supervise participating family members in daily activities and classroom duties.
- Communicate regularly with families.
- Participate in monthly meetings with the director-teacher.
- Participate in ongoing professional development.
- Comply with all licensing regulations.
- Uphold school policies and philosophy.
- Potentially substitute teach in 2-day and 4-day classrooms.
- Attend all school events, including Board meetings, Parent Education Meetings, and fundraisers
Teachers are paid based on experience and education, on a scale of $17-$25/ hour.