Every family at LCP is required to maintain a school job, as assigned by the Job Coordinator. Expect to spend approximately 2 hours/month or 18-20 hours/school year fulfilling your school job. Thank you for helping our school run smoothly!
ART CABINET/KITCHEN ORGANIZER (1): Keep the art cabinets and roll-around art cart neat and organized. Organize the kitchen cabinets and clean the refrigerator on a weekly basis. Put completed artwork in parent pockets (especially at the end of the week). Requires organization and neatness. This job requires spending some extra time in the classroom.
BOARD MEETING CHILD CARE (1): Attend the board meeting each month (evening) and provide child care. Supervise kids for inside and outside play. Will have a teen assistant.
CLASSROOM REPRESENTATIVE/TEACHER ASSISTANT (1 per class): Act as the primary coordinator for your child’s class (Tot, 2 Day M/W, 2 Day T/Th or 4 Day). This parent will act as a resource for other parents, as well as coordinate teacher appreciation and end-of-year teacher gifts. Depending on the teacher’s needs, the representative may help coordinate class field trips, organize class parties, and arrange class play dates. Assist the teachers with various classroom tasks, such as preparing materials, decorating bulletin boards, etc.. (Preference given to returning families.)
DRAMATIC PLAY COORDINATOR (1): Prepare and set-up rotating dramatic play centers on a monthly basis. Using themes provided by the teachers, gather/source supplies, prepare props, and set-up the center in the classroom.
- FUNDRAISING ASSISTANT (1): Assist Fundraising Chairperson as needed to plan and organize fundraisers throughout the year. This includes main school-wide fundraisers, dinner night out events, and other fundraising projects. May be asked to attend board meetings.
- FALL CARNIVAL ASSISTANTS (3-4): With the help of the Fundraising Chairperson, plan and execute the fall carnival: organize booths, food sales, decorations, extra activities. Attend the event, including set-up and clean-up. (Event date: October 28, 2023)
- WINTER CRAFT STORE ASSISTANTS (2-3): With the help of the Fundraising Chairperson, plan and execute the Winter Craft Store and bake sale. Also assist with collecting/organizing crafts and ticket sales. Attend the event, including set-up and clean-up. (Event date: December 9, 2023)
- TRIKE-A-THON ASSISTANT (1): With the help of the Fundraising Chairperson, plan and execute the trike-a-thon in the spring. Attend the event, including set-up and clean-up. (Event held during class time, February 2024)
- SPRING DINNER & SILENT AUCTION ASSISTANTS (3-4): With the help of the Fundraising Chairperson, plan and execute the spring dinner. Help with organizing the venue, catering, soliciting donations and silent auction, entertainment, ticket sales, etc. Attend the event, including set-up and clean-up. (Event date: TBD)
HEALTH & SAFETY COORDINATOR (1): Provide training to classroom volunteers on our cleaning procedures and safety plans. Training takes place the first two weeks of school. Make sure our emergency disaster kit is inventoried and refreshed twice a year. Assist the Admin Director with classroom volunteer pesticide use certificates and other tasks during the school year.
KITCHEN TOWELS (2-4): Rotate duty of weekly laundering all kitchen towels and aprons. (Priority given to families in the 3-Day class.)
PLAYDOUGH (2-4): Rotate duty of making playdough on a weekly basis. Recipes and materials provided. Playdough must be placed in the preschool kitchen no later than Thursday, for use the following week. Depending on nut allergy issues, you may be required to make playdough in the preschool kitchen.
PLAYGROUND MAINTENANCE (1): Clean and maintain the preschool playground regularly. Tidy the yard after school breaks, and keep the outside toys organized. Help organize the sand/bark workday in late August. Work closely with the Maintenance Chairperson.
SCHOOL PHOTOGRAPHER (1): Will photograph school-wide preschool events and fundraisers (including Trike-A-Thon, Carnival, Holiday Store, Spring Celebration) to be used for publicity (school website, social media, etc.). Take end-of-the-year group photos for each class. Coordinate fall/spring student portraits. May also be asked to provide classroom photos, as needed, for updating school website, printed materials, etc.
SUPPLY PURCHASER (1): Obtain monthly supply shopping list from Director, shop as economically as possible, and deliver and put away the supplies at the school. Will complete a reimbursement form for each purchase. Must provide a copy of driver’s license and auto insurance.
TOUR LEADER (1): Conduct 2-3 pre-scheduled tours per month for prospective families. Tours last approximately 20-30 minutes and take place at 10:00 am or 1:00 pm. Schedule is flexible and can be arranged with the Admin Director. The tour leader must be well-versed in school policies and membership requirements. This job is only available to a returning family that is familiar with the school’s philosophy, routines, fundraising, etc.
TOY CLEANERS (6-8): Clean and disinfect toys on a monthly basis (twice a month). Many toys can go through the dishwasher or washing machine. You will be assigned a group of toys for the duration of the school year, such as play dough tools/play food, wooden blocks, manipulatives, costumes, etc. (Priority given to first year families.)
NOTE: Serving on the Board of Directors fulfills your school job requirement.
Updated June 2023